Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Why do I get split ends so quickly? How can I prevent my hair from splitting so much and Quickly?

I always seem to have dead ends and split ends. I go for hair cut and I still have them. I am getting tired of it what do I do?Why do I get split ends so quickly? How can I prevent my hair from splitting so much and Quickly?
I always use a comb and still have split ends. I recently got my hair cut really short to get rid of all the split ends. Also note where exactly do you get split ends... is it in the back-that could be from putting your hair in a pony tail. Make sure to wash you hair out fully.





When I first get in the shower I shampoo my hair and then I put conditioner in my hair. I leave the conditioner in my hair until I get out of the shower. Also if you wash your hair everyday, do not shampoo it daily. For example, shampoo and condition your hair on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. On the other days just use conditioner, this will make a huge difference.Why do I get split ends so quickly? How can I prevent my hair from splitting so much and Quickly?
Depending on your hair strand; if your hair strand is thick; then split ends don't happen very quickly. If you have fine hair strands then they have split ends faster. My hair strands are fine(some are thicker) but they tend to get split ends after from the following:





*Too much styling products


*Too much heat (blowdryer; straightener; curlers)


*Too much chemicals (dye; perms; etc.)





Limit these things to maybe twice month. Split ends are inevitable however. We all get them and we all have them. You cannot repair them (except by cutting the dead ends) but you can prevent them(which is the list I gave above).





You probably still have some split ends because the hairdresser didnt cut all of it. Maybe she just cut a bit of the ends.
Sounds like you've got a degradation in the structure of your hair. Any hair type can have split ends in the right circumstances.





Try using hask placenta. Its a protein treatment for bleached, damaged, and frizzy hair. (although it works great on normal hair too!) I just tried the henna and placenta with Olive Oil and I love this stuff! IT combines protein with moisturizers. Protein treatments alone help rebuild frail hair. (Don't use them too often though, as they can make your hair brittle.) Your hair needs moisture too. The olive oil in the product moisturizes your hair. It's like getting two in one!





Apply it to dry hair and cover with a cap. You can leave it on overnight or for a few hours, but stay warm so the treatment really has time to penetrate the cuticle of your hair. The product is also very cheap, which makes it even better.





I've read reviews about women who had their split ends mended by Placenta treatments. As a hairdresser of 17 years, I found it hard to believe. After using the product though, I got over my skepticism!





Oh, and do all the other things other people recommended. Cut down on heating appliances, comb wet hair, get trims, use conditioners, etc.
yes. what she said. using a brush tears your hair. always use a comb. and buy a leave in conditioner--while you still use your shower conditioner. and if your dying your hair--stop. sooner or later your hair will eventually slow down your groth process. (im in beauty school now) i have color in my hair, but i dyed it back to my natural hair color (so you ont see my roots, when i grows) and so my hair will be healthy.





also trim your hair ever 4-8 weeks.





never, use rubber bands on your hair--it tears it.





put your hair in a ponytail when its windy.





so basically do all those things and your hair will be soft, healthy and strong!
make sure you trim your hair once in 6-8 weeks


apply leave-in conditioners after shampooing.


avoid vigorous rubbing towels on wet hair


don't use your comb or brush too harshly.


use hair detangling serums if they are too tangled up. don't force them free.


try not to use too much hot curl ons or hair dryer.
It depends on the type of scalp you have, if you have a dry scalp, your probably not using the right shampoo and conditioner. That probably goes with if you have a oily scalp.
It is best to use really good hair conditioners, Like Loreal Salon, or Garnier.
When your hair is wet never use a brush on it. Always use a comb.

No comments:

Post a Comment