Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why do I get screwed when splitting the dinner bill?

This has happened more than once-everyone at my table orders a bottle of wine to split. I don't drink wine (never have)-don't like it. I think this is well-known amongst my friends. And yet whoever splits the bill always charges me on splitting the bottle of wine. I don't want to seem like a cheapskate, but why should they charge me? I feel like if I speak up, they'll think I'm cheap for arguing over a few bucks.Why do I get screwed when splitting the dinner bill?
because you are too nice..Why do I get screwed when splitting the dinner bill?
Heck, if it were me, I would NOT pay any price for wine because I didn't want it or drink. Before you sit down, tell them that you don't drink and won't pay any price for alcohol. Don't let them take advantage of you! It makes me sick when people take advantage of others. n
I would arrive later than your guests (but not much later.) I would recommend talking to your server away from the table, letting them know you want a separate check if you don't want to insult your guests or made to look cheap.





TO EVERYONE: Let your server know before you order that you want separate checks!!!
You are cheap. Does anyone complain about what food you order, or dessert? If not and you are always getting the ';raw'; end of the deal... Don't go out with them for dinner if you can't be sociable and have a glass of wine... or simply pitch in for what you believe your cost was for the meal, like my penny pinching ex dinner friend used to do. It's about enjoyment and ';SHARING'; a meal. Not separate checks. Would you itemize sharing a hotel room with a friend if you brought your own soap or did not use the T.V.?
Then have your dinner on a separate check. Just tell the waiter that your dinner will be separate. And if your friends get angry say it isn't fair for you to pay for something you're not drinking.
Simply when ordering finish by stating you would like your own bill seperate from the rest. This may seem uncomfortable at first because you're not used to saying it...but try. Your may ask but just say you don't want ';them'; to pay for anything ';they'; didn't order...Flip it back to them and look innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment