Thursday, February 11, 2010

The wood on my entertainment center is splitting?

It's kind of an older entertainment center, but the wood where the screw go in is splitting under the weight of the tv now...I really need this to last a couple of months at least, so is there a way to repair the splitting? It's the edges that are splitting.The wood on my entertainment center is splitting?
ISTHERE ANY ROOM TO PUT A ';L'; BRACKET?


OR MAYBE DRILL%26amp;COUNTER SINK AHOLE NEXT TO THE ONE THAT IS SPLITING?


OR TAKE SOME EPOXY %26amp; FILL THE SPLIT UP THEN TAKE THE SCREW OUT,TAKE A TOOTH PICK AND BREAK IT OFF IN THE SCREW HOLE,THEN PUT THE SCREW BACK IN,THE EPOXY WILL STOP THE SPLITING%26amp;THE TOOTHPICK WILL MAKE THE SCREW FIT BETTER UNTIL YOU GET RID OF IT.The wood on my entertainment center is splitting?
Sounds as if the weight of the TV is the issue. I suspect this is particle board constructed and so has no real integrity for this size television. I would say find an alternative place for it or at least use something strong to brace the points where this splitting is giving way.

No comments:

Post a Comment