Sunday, February 7, 2010

After splitting up is it normal to remove your ex from your friends on Facebook?

I recently split up with my girlfriend after 18 months. I had been 100% faithful but felt the need to end the relationship and did it in a decent fashion by explaining my decision to her face to face.





Within 12 hours I discovered that not only had she (quite rightly) ended our relationship on Facebook but had also removed me from her firends.





Is this normal behavior or perhaps a little harsh? Has anyone else shared any similar experiences that they would care to elaborate on?After splitting up is it normal to remove your ex from your friends on Facebook?
I also did this with my girlfriend after a 4 year relationship i would say its completely normal. To get over a relationship you really need to cut all the loose ends so that nothing sparks any old feelings in the greiving process...





Don't worry she is just moving on, i dont think she has done it to provoke a reaction most likely she is trying to move on and speed the greiving process up. It would be an idea to make your profiles locked off from the public so that your not secretly trying to see what each other are upto... providing that you don't plan on getting back together





Good luck....After splitting up is it normal to remove your ex from your friends on Facebook?
hmm..its simply because she is hurt and wants to forget you..and anything that has connections with you...let her recover..she will soon forget the pain that you caused her..some people really do such things just to cover up the pain.I myself recently broke up with my bf but until now after a month we still have communication.he doesn't want to loose everything.At first,its hard but you will learn to get along in the end.So don't feel guilty about someone's actions;its just her own wat of recovering..Goodluck!
I think it's a matter of personal preference. My ex-boyfriend and I of 2.5 years kept each other on Myspace and Facebook, but both of us changed our relationship statuses. Maybe she just doesn't want to have to deal with seeing your name or picture in her little private world of Facebook? That's not a crime, in my opinion. :)
After splitting up with someone it is normal to expect they remove you from there life completely.





This is just how some people deal with stuff :s
This is perfectly normal. After a break up, I delete an ex from my cell phone, facebook, email addresses, and get rid of anything else that reminds me of him. It's over and I don't want to be looking back.
women...go figure!


probably why im gay....lol
I broke up from my ex 3 years ago and I won't add him as a friend. She's probably just really hurt right now, give her some time, she'll cool off.
u broke up with her, shes just doing wat she feels best also.
well sometimes broken up people still want to be friends. my sister has TWO ex bfs of hers on her facebook and myspace thats still her friends. so i guess hse wasa little upset. just ignore her and moveon with your life. you'll find somebody thats perfect for you one of these days.





hope this helps %26lt;3
What does it matter to you what she does, thinks or feels? You took yourslef out of her life physically, now do it mentally.





She is entitled to do as she wishes, it is none of your business anymore.
She did it so you would react and you have done - as it must have bothered you! That is how a woman works!





It is over between you anyway, so dont even let her know you have noticed she has removed you!!! That is the best way to handle this.
Hiya, its prob not something i'd do, but everyones different, sounds like she's hurting and just did it out of anger, give it a few weeks untill she gets ured to you guys splitting up, then you could reach out the olive branch, maybe request her again...?


Always difficult, sorry us girls can be a bit nasty when we'r hurting, hope you guys can be friends x
Face book? Is that such a big deal?


Now myspace! Thats problems friend!
I think that some people do it and some people don't





I did it because i 1. did not want him checking up on me and knowing what i am up to and 2. because i didnt want to see him on my newsfeed when i log in, and then having me look at his new pics that have him tagged or check is profile daily.


Trust me, i would be doing that.





I would not get too upset that she did it, because i bet it is for HER own good. she probably needed to do it because she wanted to get over you. i feel like if she didnt do anything, it'd look like she didnt even care, and do you want that? this showed that the break up was hard for her emotionally and she is trying to rid you from her life because she knows that if she is still connected to you (even on FB, because that IS like a connection nowadays) she will never get over you.


i FINALLY removed my ex because i couldnt stop thinking about him. it wasn't because i was being petty, it was because i missed him too much that i would constantly be checking his profile and i KNOW i'd be devestated if i one day saw in my newsfeed that he was in pics with other girls or in a relationship


i knew i didnt need that emotional trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment