Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why is my bricks splitting in my home?

in my landuary room i noticed that my bricks are splitting, the lines are horizontal and the concrete looks like it is introding out, so i was wondering why is my brick doing this because i've never seen this before and i would like to get this fixed before it gets any worst. So PLEASE help me out.


THANKS YOU : EMILYWhy is my bricks splitting in my home?
Emily, you poor thing, listen get some advice from a building inspector, free advice would be good. Maybe a phone call. MOre than likely your building is settling. You sound so afraid. NO worries, ok? I lived in some apts that were made out of those blocks, my walls were block cement and they had cracks in them, the building is still there. At least you don't have aluminum wiring!! Now that would suck. GO check.Why is my bricks splitting in my home?
Structural issue. Call in a professional engineer, code enforcement, the national guard, probably a few swat teams and lawyers.





No.





Call a builder contractor to have them look at it. The house is probably settling.
Are they bricks or concrete blocks?If its a block foundation and the house is done settling you most likely have a water problem.I work in masonry restoration and 90 percent of the time water is the culprit.If it is wtaer problem find it and fix it first. Many people cosmeticaly repair problems and they look good for a short time but the problem still exists.Email me at mikbrik1@sbcglobal.net if you want.
MOST prb, the house has moved or dropped might need to be stumped again.

No comments:

Post a Comment