Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is there any good way to tell a child that their parents are splitting up?

The boys are 7 and 11. He is closer with the 11 year old.





And how does mom deal with all the questions without saying the wrong things like Well, he just didn't love me so he decided to start up with another girl with a kid while he was living with us, but don't worry, that kid won't ever replace you.





I'm seriously scared to tell my boys. So is my cheater.Is there any good way to tell a child that their parents are splitting up?
YOu just need to tell them that you won't be living with Daddy anymore, and they need to understand that it isn't their fault. I am in the same boeat, only my son is 5. It is very hard. No matter what you think about your other half, you can't take it out on the children. TRy not to call their Dad names in front of them , or let them hear you talk about him.Is there any good way to tell a child that their parents are splitting up?
You don't have to tell them everything that happened. Just say stuff like ';It didn't work out between us'; or ';we just mix like oil and vinegar or like cats and dogs.'; You don't have to tell them that he was cheating....





This exact thing happened to me when I was growing up! I know that if my mother had told me the truth, (that my Dad was cheating on her with many women) then I would have been devastated! I know that I would have felt like it was my fault that they split up.





The most important thing is to let your children know that they will always be loved, no matter what happens.
My parents split when I was 10 and my brother was 13. They calmly sat us down and explained what was going on. I'm honestly not very sure what exactly they said to us (my dad also cheated on my mom), but we accepted it. Just try to reassure them that it will all be okay and they'll get to see both of you. Just let them know it's for the best. Good luck :)
My dad told us. He sat us down and showed us a video of mom doing the tennis pro at the club. Then asked who we wanted to live her and the tennis pro or dad. My sister went with the tennis pro and I went with dad. Today dad works as waiter and lost his multi million dollar business thanks to mom .
well just mommy and daddy r going separate ways for a bit and that you will be abil to see him.You might be abil 2 tell the 11 year old because he can Handel it when my parents broke up i was cool and i was 11
HE did this let HIM explain it!
  • mortgage broker
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment