Sunday, February 7, 2010

SHould I pick the oranges that are splitting on my tree?

My orange tree has a bunch of oranges that are open and split. Should I pick them all to let it ';start over';? Any other advise to help ensure some good fruit this year?SHould I pick the oranges that are splitting on my tree?
Sounds like the tree was over watered. Salvage what you can. Bet they're juicy.SHould I pick the oranges that are splitting on my tree?
Yes,otherwise they will get infected,this probably means you are overwatering them. To ensure plenty of fruit you should feed them while fruiting.
its either you are the rodents somebody has to get them. rats %26amp; possums love oranges, get them off now
Definitely you should remove the oranges that are splitting open, and get them off the tree. This will not only give more energy to the fruit which is still growing, but will help prevent disease and predators from attacking your tree. As to the cause of the splitting, it's usually due to an excessive amount of water intake. Do you irrigate your trees, or is it raining alot, perhaps? The ants will be after the sugar before long if you don't remove the split fruits.





Try this pdf doc for more info: http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/pdf/8038.p鈥?/a>
it doesnt matter, but take them off, theyre just gona make a mess in your yard... count on every other year getting great fruit from trees

No comments:

Post a Comment