Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do I prevent zucchini bread from splitting down the middle while it is cooking in the oven?

I personally like that look, however if you want an even crust, you must lower the temperature substantially (on my oven probably 120C- convection) and bake it for much longer. The reason it splits, is that with the high heat, the crust forms before the inside is cooked- thus forcing the top to split while the uncooked batter inside tries to rise. If its still a problem after lowering the temp, then reduce the amount of leavening agent- be it baking powder and the like.How do I prevent zucchini bread from splitting down the middle while it is cooking in the oven?
I think your oven is too hot. You might want to invest in an oven thermometer, and not trust the oven controls themselves.How do I prevent zucchini bread from splitting down the middle while it is cooking in the oven?
It's a quick bread, that's how they look. Don't fight it.

No comments:

Post a Comment