Friday, February 5, 2010

How do you cook off all of the Amish Friendship batter without splitting it into bags for friends.?

I hate to see people throw the batter away, and I have no one to pass it along to, so I would like to know if anyone has a recipe using all of the batter that has been brewing for 10 days.How do you cook off all of the Amish Friendship batter without splitting it into bags for friends.?
You could split the batter like you would to give to friends and then make them also, that would make several different types of bread that you could freeze and eat later!!!! my mom made a chocolate mint one once that was differentHow do you cook off all of the Amish Friendship batter without splitting it into bags for friends.?
I would just bake the bread as it says and then dispose of the rest of the batter, unless of course you want to keep one for yourself. If you use all of the batter you will have too much starter and your bread won't rise or taste the way it should, it actually would have a fermented taste to it because of the starter. Hope this helps. Julie


BTW, I'll take a starter, lol, I had one but went on vacation and couldnt take it or bake it so it died. Enjoy the bread its sooooo good!
i don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment