Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is there a good product for thin, splitting fingernails?

I don't want to waste money on more products that do not work. I have resorted to covering them with fake nails which I'm sure is just making them worse. I am really discouraged, can anyone offer any suggestions that have actually made a noticeable difference?Is there a good product for thin, splitting fingernails?
I, too, ruined my nails by wearing fake tips.


I had them put on for my wedding so all my nails would be the same lenghth. I wore them for about 8-9 months but it got time consuming and expensive to have ';fill ins'; every couple of weeks. When I took them off permanently, my own nails were a wreck. Over the last 12 yrs. I've tried every lotion, cream, oil and polish that were supposed to strengthen the cuticle or the nail.


For awhile, I was using a cream every day and night on my cuticles and it seemed to help my nails grow. As soon as they got a little grown out, they broke.


Last year, I decided to try yet another product. Much to my amazement, my nails were growing out in three weeks. Since then, I've had long strong nails. It's surprising because it was so cheap compared to what I'd tried.


The Sally Hansen or Maybelline or L'Oreal nail products and polish didn't work.


This is called Sally Hansen- Age Correct Strength. It comes in a bright pink botte. It's clear and you put it on onece or twice a day for the first week; then once a week after that.


It's the ONLY thing that has worked for me.


For under $5.00 a bottle, try it and see what happens.


Good luck!Is there a good product for thin, splitting fingernails?
I had the same issue before, and I got a manicure set for X-mas last year.....I have been using it at least once every three days.....as soon as I started filing my nails regularily and trimming my cuticles, and pushing back my cuticles, they stopped flaking, and grew in stronger......I stopped applying nailpolish, and started using clear vitamin enriched polish, and it's helped a lot....my index fingernails never grew longer than a centimetre before without breaking (no joke) now I can grow all my nails at least an inch long before I have to start fearing breakage....hope this helps :)
First of all you have to watch what are you eating. You are not going to change the situation from today to tomorrow.Eat more milk products, fish,fruits, and vegetable,drink water, put aside, all the sodas,they are eating all your calcium and making all this mass.
Yes, your nails are splitting because you are probably washing your hands too much. Water really makes your nails brittle and soft.
Fake nails will make your nails worse!! I tried them once and it took one month to get my nails back to normal. My nails today are very strong, part because I eat a lot of cheese (I think), part because I use nail polish and nail hardener. The polish if it is good quality will protect your nails. The hardener helps I think, I have very long nails all the time and do a lot of housework, rarely break. The very few times they have broken it coincides I did not have nail polish and I hit them bad. Garlic helps but nobody likes the smell! Some products contain garlic. I use the ';Nails Alive 24 Hour Nail Hardener';. I was tempted to send you a picture with my nails but don麓t know if it is possible here, they are thick and long. My sister uses the hardener and it has given her good results, she had very fragile nails and now they are better, she does not take a lot of calcium though..


I found the hardener we use: www.windowsbargains.com/29502, look for it by name:Nails Alive 24 Hour Nail Hardener


If you don麓t want to get more products, get food rich in calcium and try to peel some garlics when you can, that is I think the natural way. Good luck!
I have the same problem. I haven't found anything that helps so I keep sally hansen hard as nails clear polish on them all then time and they have gotten slightly stronger. If you want your nails to be stronger then stop the fake nails they really don't help, but some people's nails won't get any stronger and that's when they start wearing fake nails.
sally hansens clear hard as nails
\You bet! On QVC you can order ';PRO-STRONG'; for weak splitting nails. Just go to QVC.com there are several type of fixatives for nails. I use them myself. Good Luck with that!!
ok ... let ur nails settle from all that rubbish u put on them ....





1st ... soak in warm salt water and then dry


2nd buff them up into a nice clean shape


3rd cream them up ( try primeroes oil )


4th i take codliver oil and primroes oil vitamins and my nails are beautiful long, buff and shiny ... also take this if u want lovely hair and sexy skin

No comments:

Post a Comment