Friday, February 5, 2010

How do I prevent my tomatoes from splitting before they are ready to pick?

These are beef steak tomatoes. The fruit is still very green and hard not even close to being ripeHow do I prevent my tomatoes from splitting before they are ready to pick?
splitting is from either inadequate watering or a trace mineral deficiency, either problem is too late to correct to save your toms. Take off any of the bigger green ones u have now, that haven't split, and cross your fingers that they'll ripen on your counter b4 they rot. Next year water daily and use trace minerals. A good source for info and trace minerals is the foodforeveryone.org site, Dr. Mittleider, the founder specialized in toms. This problem is NEVER from overwatering! I've had this problem b4 myself. Use the Mittleider Method and u will NEVER go wrong!How do I prevent my tomatoes from splitting before they are ready to pick?
If u haven't already, take a look at the foodforeveryone.org website. The Mittleider Library has a book called ';Let's Grow Toms!'; make tom gardening easy. Or just join the Mittleider Method grp on Yahoo. Gardening shouldn't be hard. Don't give up! Just get the right info.

Report Abuse



this happens from uneven watering. like if there's 3 days of lots of rain then no rain for a week. i dont know how often u water them yourself but try to keep it at equal amounts daily.
You are overwatering them. water less - a lot less.
  • Eit International
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment