Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What vitamins help with hair splitting off an inch from scalp?

I had a baby about a year ago and lost a lot of my hair. Now my hair is shoulder length. I continue to cut and highlight my hair every six weeks. I also use a good conditioner and shampoo. I don't know how to prevent my hair from splitting like it is. I now have shorter strands of hair on the top of my head and around my face. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!What vitamins help with hair splitting off an inch from scalp?
I guarantee it's the hi-lites... 6 weeks is barely long enough to have re-growth (roots grown out), so chances are your hairdresser is overlapping the hair product intended to lighten your roots onto the hair that's already been hi-lited, therefore overprocessing it, causing damage. Perhaps you could try to stretch your appointments out a little more? 7 or 8 weeks, maybe.


Make sure you mention to your hairdresser that you've been having breakage at the root area. She/he should know to spread your appointments out a little more and to also start doing conditioning treatments with each of your color appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment