Sunday, February 7, 2010

What causes splitting fingers in cold weather?I dont go outside but in cold weather my fingers split on the e

i had the same problem to the point where my skin was peeling on the ends of my fingers. i thought that it was just dry skin and put lotion on my hands and woke up with burns all over my skin- it was horrible and i lost alot of the skin on my hands for a week. i went to the doctor and learned that i had eczema and he prescribed me a steroid cream. if it gets bad i would see your doctor before globbing on lotion becasue it could do worse damage. it could be eczema if your staying inside most of the time with a humidifier and still having this cracking/peeling. you may also have an allergy to something coming in contact with your hands causing the eczema. see your doctor.What causes splitting fingers in cold weather?I dont go outside but in cold weather my fingers split on the e
I'm not sure what causes it, but I do have a suggestion to help it. I have the same problem, and I put vaseline all over my hands every night and cotton gloves over that, and in the morning they are very moist. If your fingers are actually split now, it may take a few days before they heal, but if you do this every night, it will keep that from happening again.


I guess it is the heat and dry air that causes it.What causes splitting fingers in cold weather?I dont go outside but in cold weather my fingers split on the e
Although you may think you have enough moisture in the house - running a furnace as much as they run during the winter month's basically depletes all of that moisture, thus causing your hands to dry out and crack. And if you go outside at all you should have your hands protected from the weather (wear gloves!) and use some sort of lotion to restore the moisture lost. Another good idea is to use vaseline or aquaphor or something similar on your hands at night and wear a pear of gloves over it to hold the moisture in, you'll see a big difference in the morning when you take the gloves off.
obviously you don't have enough moisture in the air if you're fingers are cracking.. .. what do you mean you don't go outside? everyone at some point goes outside whether they want to or not.. start using lotion everyday.. and also a good cure for cracked fingers is vitamin E oil.. (kinda goopy feeling) but it works really well.
  • mortgage broker
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment