Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How do I get rid of this splitting headache without medicine?

The front left of my head hurts so bad. It's been that way since I woke up from my nap. I took an allergy pill earlier today. I don't know how to get rid of this headache without taking medicine for it. I take alot of pills as it is for other illnesses, and I don't want to add anymore into my system. Thanks in advance.How do I get rid of this splitting headache without medicine?
Try lying down with a cold cloth in a dark room for a while. Make sure you relax your jaw and any tension in your neck. Make yourself a cup of tea as well.How do I get rid of this splitting headache without medicine?
Most headaches not related to illness or injury are not serious, and are usually caused by some form of pressure on the veins and arteries surrounding the brain, or pressure on the nerves. The best treatment is a pain reliever such as Tylenol, Aspirin or anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen. These are very safe drugs that are not going to cause you any problems. If you prefer to go all-natural, deep breathing exercises can help by increasing oxygen to the brain, as well as acupressure or massage to the head and neck.
Acupressure would be one way. In Chinese medicine, headaches are typically caused by Liver Qi Stagnation with Liver heat rising to harass the head. You can prevent chronic daily headaches and migraine headaches by soothing the Liver. Here are some herbs and pictures of acupressure points for different types of headaches:


http://www.agelessherbs.com/HeadacheReme鈥?/a>
Try having a cup of hot tea, then laying in a dark room. It won't totally relieve the headache, but it does help a ton!!

No comments:

Post a Comment