Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What is the ratio of splitting the cost for turning an apartment around for rent?

I live in Los Angeles, CA in a rent controlled community and stayed there for a year and left on good terms. The apartment was left in somewhat better then average condition: nothing was left broken, the carpet was clean but was gonna be changed, and the walls repainted. As a renter how much of the cost do I need to pick up with my security deposit?What is the ratio of splitting the cost for turning an apartment around for rent?
What does your lease state? Normal wear and tear is generally un-chargable.





This is generally what happens. A person moves in, they live there they move out. We as ';Landlords'; can't charge for normal things. If you destroyed the carpet, expect to pay for it. If you ruined the walls, expect to pay for the paint to fix or cover it up. I wouldn't always depend on the changing of the carpet unless it's state law that it has to be changed every time a person moves out. Did you do a final walk through with your landlord? did you terminate your lease? The cost for turning an apartment generally is around one months rent not including the vacancy loss that the landlord incures or the time invested. (Learned this in a class that I took)





I hope this helps, there are so many cenerios to your questions. If you can give me some more details, I'd be able to help you out more.
  • Eit International
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment