Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tomato plants stalk splitting from root up stalk?

Why are my tomato plants stalk splitting down by the ground looks like it's coming from the root area.Tomato plants stalk splitting from root up stalk?
If the plant is otherwise healthy. Just mound more dirt around it. The plant will be stronger for it. If you have tomatoes just stake it they should be fine. if it Is still growing mound dirt around the base will make the roots stronger. Tomato plant stems can grow roots.Tomato plants stalk splitting from root up stalk?
If tomatoes have sprouted then most likely it is their weight that is causing the stalks to split.





Generally, when I grow tomatoes I attach the spine of the plant to a stick/board so that the plant has some additional support.
Mine do that to and I can't figure out why! I hope someone can help you (us).

No comments:

Post a Comment