Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Pumpkin Rolls split when I unwrap them to fill. How can I stop the splitting?

After baking the rolls I roll them in a powdered towl. When I unwrap them to fill they are breaking. I need to stop the breaking! Can you help me?My Pumpkin Rolls split when I unwrap them to fill. How can I stop the splitting?
Don't overbake the pumpkin roll. Bake until the cake springs back when touched lightly with a finger. If you bake it too long, it will split easier when you try to unroll it before filling. ( I learned this from trial and error) Also make sure to COOL COMPLETELY before unrolling, and unroll slowly. Hope this helps.My Pumpkin Rolls split when I unwrap them to fill. How can I stop the splitting?
What's a pumpkin roll? It sounds delish! I love pumpkin, I'm always looking for new recipes!
I have a recipe that calls for the same thing... I often run into the same problem. But from what I can think of, maybe your not letting them cool enough??? Just a thought..

No comments:

Post a Comment