Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How can I talk my neighbour into splitting the cost for our new fence?

We are building a new 200 foot fence between us and our neighbour. We are replacing an existing old fence. How can I convince him to split the cost since it benefits both of us. My husband and friends are willing to do All the work.How can I talk my neighbour into splitting the cost for our new fence?
Explain it to him just like you've done here.How can I talk my neighbour into splitting the cost for our new fence?
Before doing any building I would talk to your neighbor and tell them that you would like to replace the old fence and was wondering if they would be interested in going in with you on it. If you both go in on it you can build a better fence. Presentation is the key. Even though its making his yard look better you dont want to scare him off by making it sound like your doing him a favor.
Just ask-- say you're wanting to put up a new fence, you're doing the labour, how would they feel about splitting the cost of materials? Pretty good deal for the neighbour, supposing they can afford it at all. Be prepared for the neighbour to want to have some say in what the fence looks like but if someone offered this to me I'd have no problem with it, they could build what they liked.
You can't force the neighbor to pay, all you can do is ask politely.
in Oklahoma, we have a good neighbors law. that they are 50% responsible. check your local codes??
  • Eit International
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment